Hawaii native Bill Reeves is a financial executive, entrepreneur, and philanthropist who actively contributes to community-based organizations across Hawaii. Currently, Bill Reeves serves as a partner at Blue Mountain Capital Management and as a board member for the Third Way.
Based in Washington, DC, the Third Way is a centrist public policy think tank founded in 2005. The organization is divided into four divisions: economics, national security, clean energy, and social politics. The Third Way has been referred to as the future of think tanks by Reuters, and has accomplished multiple policy successes since its inception. These include, but are not limited to:
– Fostering clean energy discussions that included a White House summit, new federal rules, and new bipartisan legislation.
– Leading an effort that resulted in $3 trillion in budget reductions.
– Helping maintain educational testing and accountability standards.
– Informing presidential action on gun violence.
– Proposing rules that saved billions of dollars in federal pension systems.